My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

Littleton Youth Soccer Club – November 5th       , 2014  Meeting Minutes

Members Present: Pat Stearns, David Caouette, Bob Stall, Seth Landsman, Steve Bast, Cheryl Hollinger, Tommy Proulx, Heather McAuley, Peter Lloyd, Dan Fusco, Gary Austin, Mike Levasseur, Bob Chrenc, Liz Schocklin and Mark Hollinger

Pat Stearns called the meeting to order at 7:32

October Minutes – Accepted

Treasurer: About 10,000 in P&R and $21,000 in booster account.  Still waiting for final ref pay and bill for “booster gear”.

Travel: Some injuries at end of season at St. Anne’s – complaint from higher level team that had been switched to St. Anne’s for the first time ever due to mid-season switches.  Mid-season switches created a lot of problems – we need to urge the league to try to cut down on them with better placements up front.  Is the new way of dividing the schedule in two really better?  Overall most of our teams were properly placed

In-Town:  The separation by gender was met with approval on the girl’s side (more touches and involvement) but still problems on the boy’s side.  Top 2nd grade boys still dominating.  Will it be better in the spring?  Also, Best Soccer cost $3,250.  They were starting to show up late.  Last year was good this year things seemed to slip.  Suggested that we assign to particular teams each Saturday.  Pat to follow up with Best.

Registrar: Early sign-ups, about 50 so far

Equipment: Saturday Nov 8 pick-up for equipment

Referees:  With elimination of grade 9 certification can we use non-certified refs for in-town games as those will be considered non-affiliated games?  Without this our numbers may plummet making in-town games self reffed by coaches.

Snack Shack/ Booster:  Need to follow up about drainage trench around shack.  Cheryl will follow-up.  $542 in sales from snack shack plus $699 in sales from apparel at Russell St.  Help needed for Holiday Bazaar on December 6.

 

New Business

Tryout Review – Initial drills were long but if more kids started on the correct field then it should have mitigated some of the time involved in moving kids around.  Also, it gave one more data point for differentiating players.

 

Meeting adjourned at 10:15 PM.  Next Meeting December 3rd.