My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

May 7th Meeting Minutes

Members present:  Pat Stearns, Gary Austin, Steve Bast, Dan Fusco, David Caouette, Bob Stall, Mike Levasseur, Peter Lloyd, Cheryl Hollinger, Seth Landsman, Liz Schocklin and Dave Kiley


Pat Stearns called the meeting to order at 7:31.

April Minutes

The previous meeting's minutes were approved unanimously.

Treasurer

 

Park and Rec. account – $15k

Booster account $15k

 

In Town

 

PW

  • 2 rainouts which will be unable to be made up due to baseball usage of the fields upon conclusion of the soccer season.

 

U6

  • No Issues reported

 

U8

  • Coaches cancelled games on their own due to the weather after the President has stated that the games were to be played.  It has now been communicated to the coaches that they aren’t allowed to make that decision.
  • There will be an email sent to both coaches and parents about harassing the referees.  Referees have been instructed that should this occur that they are to stop the game and speak to the coach’s and that the coaches are to ask the parents to leave.
  • The board approved 1 late sign up in both the U7 and U8 age groups

 

 

Travel

 

Boys                                                                                       

  • Recommended that the league have a mid season adjustment for BU10E team moving them down a flight.  The team was placed at REC3 even though REC4 was requested prior to the season

           

Girls

  • U18B is down to 13 players due to injuries and are looking for additional players.
  • U14B is struggling this season in MTOC

 

 

Registrar

Registration needs to be opened for the fall season

 

NVYSL

 

Not Available

 

Referee

 

  • In Town - see issue described in U8
  • Travel – short A/R’s for U10 games mostly on the makeup games scheduled
  • There is a $4100.00 referee bill for the 1st half of the season

 

Snack Shack

 

  • Need someone to open and close snack shack on 5/17

 

 

New Business

 

Steve will try to organize an F license course for in town coaches especially for those wishing to coach travel in the fall

 

U7/U8 split

 

A disclaimer will be put on the web site for registration stating a change could be forthcoming dividing the genders in U7 and U8.

Pat will draft an email to solicit input from the parents and it will contain a survey which will be sent to all age group parents asking their thoughts as well as the age and genders of their children in the soccer program.  Once data is compiled this will be voted on at the AGM.

 

Tryouts

 

  • Note needs to be sent to parents with tryout dates and times.
  • A new method will be tried with girls U12’s.  Players will run a series of drills to try to segregate them before promotion/relegation.

 

 World Cup

 

  •  Steve to send out flier to coaches as to country assignments.  World Cup will be held 6/14

 

AGM /Election

 

  • A public notice needs to be posted on the website announcing meeting and elections

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 10:00 PM

Next Meeting June 4th