January 8th Meeting Minutes
Members present: Pat Stearns, Gary Austin, Steve Bast, Dan Fusco, David Caouette, Bob Stall, Tom Proulx, Mike Levasseur, Peter Lloyd, Cheryl Hollinger, Mark Hollinger and Dave Kiley
Pat Stearns called the meeting to order at 7:35.
The previous meeting's minutes were approved unanimously.
Park and Rec. account – finance numbers were not available at the time of meeting. Booster account has $15.6k.
My Town Sports provided a check for $986.00
Question was raised to see if fliers could be distributed to Shaker Lane to see if we can attract additional players this was being reviewed. In town registration is still open until the end of February.
- U10 - 50 players registered
- U12 - 28 players registered
- U14 - 14 players registered
- U19 - 16 players registered
- U10 - 38 players registered
- U12 - 35 players registered
- U14 - 39 players registered - currently only accepting waitlisted registrations. There are a few options available. The 1st preference is to see if there are a few (4-5) players will to move to U19 Rec from U14 Rec. If no one wants to move we could look to over roster the U14 team
- U19 - 28 players registered – currently only have 1 coach would need a 2nd
Northboro is leaving the league after the spring 2014 season.
No NCUP flight – top 4 teams go to the playoffs
After the fall season there were many comments regarding the coaches pass card, many not favorable, the league is reviewing but most likely nothing will change yet
- Travel Position – open in 2014-2015
- Registrar Position - open in 2014-2015
- NVYSL Rep - open in 2014-2015
- Booster - open in 2014-2015
In town the topic of separating boys and girls at U7 & U8 was brought up it was decided that the board would want feedback from the parents before a decision is made with the possibility of having an open meeting with the parents to discuss.
There is a meeting 1/29 regarding field allotments for all sports teams to be held with Park and Rec. The new finance system that Park and Rec implemented will also be discussed at that meeting. The president and treasurer will attend the meeting.
In the spring season we will still need a game field at St Anne’s for boys U10
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 PM
Next Meeting February 4th