April 3rd Meeting Minutes
Members present: Pat Stearns, Gary Austin, Steve Bast, Dave Besse, Dan Fusco, Jenna Brownson, Brenda Riordan, Tom Proulx, Marc O'Meara, Mark Hollinger, Cheryl Hollinger, Mike Levasseur, Quinn Canfield, Peter Lloyd and Dave Kiley
Pat Stearns called the meeting to order at 7:35.
The previous meeting's minutes were approved unanimously.
Park & Rec account: $14.6k
Booster account: $9.9K
Mass Youth Soccer and Nashoba Valley have been paid
In Town Report
PW/U6 Academy – New PW coordinator Dan Fusco. The first week of practice was held the first week of April. No major issues.
U7 – A lot of late adds. There will be 6 teams of 9 or 10 players each.
U8 – All Set 4 teams each with 11 players
GU10 - There were 3 late adds to teams. All the rosters have been adjusted accordingly.
GU14- There was 1 less player due to a broken leg a late registration was added to replace that player.
GU18A – Has requested to move down
Some in town registration are still open mostly for PW aged players
Many of the town fields are closed for the 1st week of travel and games will need to be rescheduled. Littleton travel fields are open
As of April 3rd
Koerper and St. Anne’s fields are open Russell St. fields are still closed. If Russell St. fields are not open by April 6th
U6, U7, U8 will be moved to St. Anne’s and PW’s will not play until Russell St. is reopened
Coaches’ bags have been distributed. Russell St still needs nets and more nets might need to be ordered
Five new in town refs have been added. Three refs have dropped and threes have moved from in town to travel. Not all in town refs will get three games due to the ratio of refs to the amount of games
All in town coaches need to send the list of parent volunteers for the snack shack to Cheryl at
– Current process has been in place approximately 4 years and it is based on promotion- relegation which sorts players of like abilities. Evaluators spend approximately 60 hours of on field time assessing the players over 2 nights per age group.
The cost of have this done by an independent source is approximately $4500.00.
After review of the process the board has decided the following:
- Not to mix 1st year and 2nd year U10’s players
- To send out a better description to the parents in advance explaining the evaluations
- To provide better instructions to the players about the expectations of these nights
- Not to contract the evaluation process out
Meeting adjourned at 10:15 PM
Next meeting May 1st