LYSC 9-3-08 Minutes
Meeting called to order at 7:33PM
Members Present: Bob Stall, Marc O’Meara, Nancy Benullo, Mike Morey, David Besse, Tom Carlson, Ian Kersley, Ivan Pagacik, Mark Hollinger, Jenna Brownson, Mark Rambacher, Dale Cotnam
Non-Board Members present:
A vote was taken to accept the minutes from the August meeting.
● Report issued
● Cash balance as of 8/30/08 $42,987
● 535 Registrations currently
● In-Town and Travel closed, Pee Wee still open
Travel Update (Boys)
● No issues
● Team count (6) U10, (3) U12, (1) U14
● Schedules are set
Travel Update (Girls)
● Schedules set
● Team count (2) U14, (4) U12, (5) U10
● Middle School will be cutting this year. Pat Stearns proposed to reach out to those girls that get cut and offer them to join in-town. Board unamiously voted to open U14 with no late fee.
● 138 registrations
● 6 teams of ten max for second year
● 8 teams of ten max for first year
● 65 registrations
● 7 teams of 8, 1 team of 9
Pee Wee Update
● 59 registrations
● 3 teams of 8, 5 teams of 7
Discussion on canceling games and process for notifying coaches. Coaches need to make sure they notify the opposing coaches first.
MLS Coach Training Update
● Discussion on timing of in-town games and importance of keeping on schedule. Reviewed schedule for U6 and U8 games and training
● Reminder sent to referee coordinator on timing of games
● Poll coaches before October 1st meeting to see about having MLS come to our meeting to assess progress with program
● All equipment is in.
● No updates
● No updates
Park and Rec Update
● Bob Stall and Patrick Stearns met with the Park and Rec and provided updates on the program.
● G level 6 to 10 PM clinic scheduled for Sept 17th
Meeting adjourned at 9:54PM
Next meeting October 1st 7:30PM Park and Rec Conference Room