LSC February Meeting
February 6th, 2008
The general meeting was called to order by President, Bob Stall at 7:30pm
Attendees: Pat Stearns, Tom Carlson, Gary Austin, Larry Frisoli, Marc O’Meara, Bob Stall, Dale Cotnam, Mike Morey, Jenna Canfield, Mark Hollinger, Gerry Cavallo, one of the coaches named Mark.
A vote was taken and passed to accept the notes for the January meeting.
A statement of operations was issued.
Travel Report (Austin)
In Town Report
- Numbers seem low for 1st graders
- May do 5v5
- May mix some 1st and 2nd grade teams part way through season
- We need to blast parents of 2nd year U-8 girls since we need GU-10 coaches for next Fall
- Change sign ups for in-town leagues to end of February next year
- Anyone who wants to ref needs to be certified by Feb 13th
- A ref has to be 11yo before the start of the season
- Town wasn’t going to pay for courses and uniforms, Park and Rec wrote a letter and finally the town said Yes.
- Next Fall we’ll need receipts to turn in for reimbursement, then we invoice the town
- Some new refs were interested in working this Spring, they need to contact Gerry
- Gary needs number of uniforms to order by March 1st
- Order 10 teams of peewee shirts, in case we need to go to 10 teams. If only have 8 teams, we can save 2 sets of shirts for next Fall.
- Should we buy two extra sets of shirts for all in-town levels?
- Need new uniforms for travel for Fall?
- Need to order unique trophies for World Cup
- Needed to get reports in, we went to the wrong person, but is now straightened out
- The Ayer family will not be playing in Littleton
· No news from Mark H.
- Lacrosse will use high school fields
- Travel Soccer will use Koerper and St. Anne’s
- Girls Lacrosse (Mon-Thurs) will practice on field hockey fields so we’ll need to assign practice fields and nights for in-town for the first time.
- High School may get artificial turf in future
- The new field to the side of the new middle school will be used for soccer a year from now. It may be good for younger kids. The field is small and crowned.
- MPS free coach clinic/coaches meeting from 7-9pm on 3/26 (2 weeks before start of season). Providing gift hats for coaches. High School booked from 6:30-9.
- Pan is to split up in-town and travel coaches into two separate meetings
- Looks to be no MPS team in out area and they want a school of excellence for our area.
- The MPS clinic will be available for all coaches but geared toward U-8 coaches.
- At pre-season coaches meeting need to mention the zero tolerance policy for coaches and parents. Those who act up will come before the board.
- Use Google Groups for all future board emails
- Need a sheet to be sent home to all Shaker Lane kids announcing soccer sign ups for next Fall
- In May, need to announce our annual meeting. Tom may put together a newsletter as a way to announce it and give out other information to parents. Burt has an idea to help Tom.
- Kids are enjoying the indoor soccer clinics
- Fleeces were $21, too expensive to give out to all the coaches, stick with the hats
- If we are going to pay assessors, we need to book them and we’ll need invoices so we can pay them the day of the event
- We’ll need 4 assessors for 2nd year U-8 evaluations during games on a Saturday this Spring starting at 8:30AM. Or 2 assessors for 2 Saturdays.
- Assessors need accurate rosters with player numbers. May want to draft veteran coaches to assess and give them incentives.
Board Positions Open For the Fall Season:
- The position of Booster Director – bizarre and football game sales
- Travel Directors/League Rep. – both boys and girls - ?Tom and Dale share, need to go with Gary to March meeting
- Registrar (Tim is resigning) – Mark H.? – it’s a twice a year job (Aug/Mar), send in names of coaches, players and asst coaches
- Equipment Manager - ?Tom
- Snack Shack Director
- Gary to write up job descriptions of the various jobs he’s resigning from
- The next meeting will be on March 5th, 2008.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:15pm.
Marc C. O’Meara, LSC Secretary