My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
LSC January Meeting
January 9th, 2008
 
The general meeting was called to order by President, Bob Stall at 7:30pm
 
Attendees: Pat Stearns, Tom Carlson, Gary Austin, Larry Frisoli, Marc O’Meara, Bob Stall, Dale Cotnam, Mike Morey, Jenna Canfield, Burt Morse
 
A vote was taken and passed to accept the notes for the December meeting.
 
A statement of operations was issued.
 
Treasurer Report
  • Treasurer report issued. Littleton Soccer Club ending Novemebr 2007 balance: $37,400.24
 
Travel Report (Austin)
  • BU10 – 43 (4 teams with 10-11players) Pappas unpaid but should have credit from Fall
  • BU12 – 32 (2 teams) 15 play NCUP, 17 play Rec
  • BU14 – 18, 4 wait listed (1 team), check other towns like Ayer, Shirley, Harvard
  • BU18/HS – 2 signed up and need reimbursement (Floss, O’Callahan)
  • GU10 - 37 paid (4 teams) Fisher – Ayer won’t let her play
  • GU12 – 51 paid (4 teams of 12-13 players)
  • GU14 – 36, 1 not paid – Macri – contact family) (2 teams), 2 wait listed – check other towns for openings
  • GU16 – only had one sign up and she needs refund (Briana J)
 
In Town Report
 
Pee Wee
  • Forecast 48 (8 teams with 6 players and 8 coaches), was 50 in Fall
 
U-6 (Frisoli)
  • 72 with a few more still to sign up (10 teams of 7-8), was 82 in Fall
 
U-8 (Canfield)
  • 122 total (80 2nd grade, 44 1st grade), not closed, will cap at 140.
  • 2nd grade: 8 teams of 10
  • 1st grade: 6 teams of 7-8
 
Referees
  • No issues
 
Equipment (Austin)
  • Gary needs number of uniforms to order by March 1st
  • Need to buy 4-6 in-town nets
  • Luanne needs payment for earrings
  • Gerry needs to order new patches, will use current logo ($1.19 each)
  • Need new uniforms for travel
 
Registration (Keutzer)
  • No issues
 
NVYSL (Tom)
  • 1 team moved up
  • The league starts one week later this year
  • World Cup 6/14
  • Nashoba Cup Tourney 6/21-6/22
  • MTOC tourney 6/28-6/29.
 
Website
  • Need to post the upcoming board meetings on the website.
  • Is it possible to set up a place for players to check off if they are coming to assessment night?
 
Fields
  • Park and Rec increased fine from $50 to $200 if use fields if they are not open
  • A field meeting is coming up for baseball, soccer and lacrosse
  • Lacrosse will use high school fields, practices throughout M-F
  • Sharon to cover post at Park and Rec. They’ll hire a permanent person in March.
  • We have 17 teams and 20 practice slots, so we need to request for 2 nights at high school for some extra practice slots.
 
New Business
  • Evaluations in Spring for next Fall
  • Pass Card pictures to be done and made by Burt Morse
  • Try to get MPS free coach clinic for 7-9pm 3/26 (2 weeks before start of season)just before coaches meeting. Consider providing gifts like hats or shirts. Can’t do 3/19 since Parent-Teacher Conf night. MPS currently on extended vacation.
  • The MPS clinic will be available for all coaches but geared toward U-8 coaches.
  • This meeting can be at High School so we can use the board room for the coaches meeting immediately following the clinic.
  • At pre-season coaches meeting need to mention the zero tolerance policy for coaches and parents. Those who act up will come before the board.
  • New soccer tourney on Memorial Day Weekend in Lancaster put on by Delta
 
 
Evaluations
 
·         5 stations -3 games and 2 skills/drills
·         boys separate from girls but on same night
·         1st yr U-10, 2nd yr U-10, U-12 participate
·         games will be 5v5
·         2 nights of evaluations since so many kids
·         each player has a number pinned on
·         each assessor will assess 10 kids at a time
·         each child participates in 4 stations (3 games and 1 skills/drills)
·         each station will be 15 minutes in duration
·         need at least 6 assessors for 2 hours both nights
·         need at least 6 parent volunteers/coaches to:
    1. check in kids
    2. organize teams
    3. move teams from station to station
    4. check out kids
 
  • Skills to be tested: dribbling, speed and shooting accuracy
  • Schedule for the week before Memorial Day (Tues 5/20 and Wed5/21) from 6-8pm and start set up at 5pm
  • Can’t use Simmons College players for assessing
  • Last year, needed to pay $125.00 for assessors
  • 2nd yr U-8s get assessed during a couple Saturday games, need 4 assessors over 2 weekends and they watch half of 2 games. Assessors need accurate rosters with player numbers. May want to draft veteran coaches to assess and give them incentives.
 
 
Board Positions
  • For the Fall: The position of Booster director is open, as are travel director, equipment manager and snack shack director.
 
General
  • The next meeting will be on February 6th, 2008.
  • The meeting was adjourned at 9:29pm.
 
Respectfully Submitted,
Marc C. O’Meara, LSC Secretary