My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
LSC August Meeting
August 1, 2007
 
The general meeting was called to order by LSC President, Bob Stall at 7:30 PM.
 
Attendees: Bob Stall, Pat Stearns, Tom Carlson, Gary Austin, Dale Cotnam, Tim Keutzer, Mark Hollinger, Gerry Cavallo
 
A vote was taken and passed to accept the notes for the June meeting.
 
A Statement of Operations was issued.
 
Treasurer Report (Bob Stall)
 
                *Total LSC cash balance for fiscal year 2007, including operations and uniforms was $19,912.
                *Total LSC cash balance as of 7/31/07 is $32,118.
                                **The increase reflects the addition of money from fall registration.
                                **There have been no expenses for the fall season.
                *Discussion about offering a Fall clinic through Mass Youth Soccer at a reduced rate
                                **Clinic would instruct 2nd year U8 players and coaches from Peewee, U6, and U8.
                                **Clinic would be early in September.
                                **Tom will try to contact Mass Youth Soccer.
 
Travel Report (Gary Austin)
 
                *There will be 19 travel teams in the fall.
               
                                4 -U10 Boys                         4 -U10 Girls
                                3 -U12 Boys                         5 -U12 Girls
                                1 -U14 Boys                         2 -U14 Girls
 
                *LSC will need to purchase one new set of 7 X 7 goals.
                                **With 5 U12 girls teams there will be weeks when there are 3 home games.
                                                ***It was agreed that the extra field will be placed at St.Anne field.
                *The travel program has enough coaches.
               
In Town Report
 
                *There will be 34 teams in the fall.
 
                                10 -Peewee Teams
                                10 -U6 Teams
                                14 -U8 Teams
 
                *There was a discussion about whether to have 12 or 14 U8 teams.
                                **The number of players per team with 12 teams would be 12.
                                **There was a concern that there wouldn’t be enough coaches.
                                **There was a concern how to handle having 7 first year and 7 second year teams
                                                ***In the past, we have floated the teams for 4 games and then bracketed
                                                      stronger first year teams against weaker second year teams.
                                **It was decided that there should be 14 teams so that the number of players per team is
                                    not more than 11.
                *It was agreed the registration should be capped at 60 for Peewees, 80 for U6, and 144 for U8.
                *Field needs for the fall will be 3 U8 on the track field and 4 U8 on the baseball field.
                                **We need to check with Lisa to see if we can use the football field for Peewees
                *Referee needs for the fall will be 7 at 8:30 and 5 at 10:00.
               
Peewee (Dale Cotnam)
 
                *There are no problems.
 
U6 (Larry Frisoli)
 
                *U6 needs one more coach.
 
U8 (Jenna Canfield)
 
                *There are no problems.
 
Referees (Gerry Cavallo)
 
                *We need to recruit more referees.
                *NVYSL is going to increase the amount that referees are paid in the spring of 2008
                *There was an issue with referees receiving payment in the spring.
                                **Some referees haven’t been paid yet.
                                **Town requires info that hadn’t been sent.
                *Gerry will talk to the town about how to make the payment process faster.
                *There was a discussion about offering a coaches clinic in town this year.
 
Equipment (Gary Austin)
 
                *We need to purchase another set of 7 X 7 goals for the U12.
                                **Cost will be $2090 for the pair of goals and $240 for shipping.
                                **It was generally agreed to purchase the new nets.
                *All the equipment was not collected from the spring season.
                                **We need to contact the coaches and set up a night in the second week of August to
                                     return them.
                                **Bags need to be replenished for the upcoming season.
                                **Tom offered to help with the bags.
 
Registration (Tim Keutzer)
 
                *There are no problems.
 
NVYSL (Tom Carlson)
 
                *Notes from the NVYSL meeting were sent out by email.
                *The coaches meeting be at Devens on 8/26.
                                **All new coaches and U10 coaches must attend.
                                **Referee meeting will be the same night.
 
NEW BUSINESS
 
Encourage coaches to join the board, we need new members. There are going to be two or three openings due to people moving on in the next few years.
 
Fields
 
                *We need to have 3 U12 fields for the fall season.
                                **St.Anne’s field will be the third field.
                *The high school fields will be a practice option in the fall.
 
Fall Calendar
 
                *Important dates for the fall are as follows.
 
                                8/19                        Initial travel rosters are submitted to the league.
                                8/22                        Coaches meeting at the multipurpose room in the town offices.
                                8/26                        League coaches meeting at Devens.
                                9/8-11/3                                8 week fall season with no game Columbus Day weekend, 10/6.
 
                *The travel coaches need to sign the coaches pledge so we can receive the rosters from NVYSL.
                *Coaches need to be emailed about completing there CORI forms.
                                **CORI form only needs to be filled out once through MYSA.
 
Open Board Positions
 
                *There are currently 4 open position on the LSC Board of Directors.
                               
                                1. Secretary
                                2. Booster Director
                                3. Registrar
                                4. Peewee Coordinator (Spring Season)
 
                *Mark will send out a broadcast email to everyone.
 
Website
 
                *A draft copy of the website was issued .
                *Bob, Pat and Mark are going to meet on 8/15 to discuss and modify the website.
 
Registration
 
                *It was generally agreed to close all the registration to wait list.
                                **Keep the waitlist open to study how many people sign up late.
 
The next meeting will be on September 5, 2007.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 PM.
 
Respectfully Submitted,
 
 
Patrick Stearns
LSC Secretary