My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
LSC February Meeting
February 7, 2007
 
The general meeting was called to order by LSC President, Bob Stall at 7:30 PM.
 
Attendees: Bob Stall, Pat Stearns, Tim Keutzer, Jenna Canfield, Dale Cotnam, Gerry Cavallo, Tom Carlson, Larry Frisoli, Burt Morse, Gary Austin, Mark Hollinger
 
Treasurer Report (Bob Stall)
 
                *Statement of Operation for the period 7/1/06 to 12/16/07 was issued.
                *A LSC Spring Calendar was issued.
 
Travel Report (Bob Stall)
 
                *There were 18 travel teams registered with the league for the spring season.
 
                                GU10 - 6 Teams                  BU10 - 4 Teams
                                GU12 - 3 Teams                  BU12 - 2 Teams
                                GU14 - 2 Teams                  BU14 - 1 Team
 
                *LSC will no longer be able to use the fields at the high school due to over use.
                                *Practice fields during the week may be an issue.
 
In Town Report
 
Peewee (Jen Canfield)
 
                *There will be 10 Peewee teams for the spring season.
 
U6 (Dale Cotnam)
 
                *There will be 8 U6 teams for the spring season.
 
U8 (Larry Frisoli)
 
                *There will be 10 U8 teams for the spring season.
 
Equipment (Gary Austin)
 
                *100 complete travel kits have been ordered.
                                **Socks are the same as last time and come in 2 sizes.
                *10 new first aid kits have been ordered at $15 each.
                *Preliminary shirt count for in town.
 
                                Peewee - 10 teams
                                U6 - 8 teams
                                U8 - 10 teams
 
                *Miscellaneous items to be checked out.
                                *Nets, pinnys, balls (all sizes), goalie gloves.
                *LSC purchased 2 sets of 7 x 7 goals through the league purchase.
                                **One person from each town needs to go to help unload.
                                ** A box truck will be delivering them to all the different towns.
 
Referees (Gerry Cavallo)
 
                *Recertification took place in January.
                *The league meeting is in March.
                *Grade 9 referee course will be March 21.
 
NVYSL Report (Burt Morse)
 
                *The league will not be divided into a north/south division.
                *Littleton will put a bid in to host the Nashoba Cup playoffs.
 
NEW BUSINESS
 
                *Encourage coaches to join the board, we need new members.
 
Lancaster Field Rental
 
                *Fields are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at a cost of $150.
                                **Try to get the fields for 3 weeks, 2 weeks before the season and 1 week after.
                                **money would be paid by LYSA.
 
Spring Coaches Meeting
 
                *Spring coaches meeting will be on March 14 at 7:30 at the high school.
                                **Talk about agenda.
                                **Handout travel rosters and in town rosters.
                *Talked about getting something for coaches.
                *All new coaches should get a coaches shirt.
                *Send out info about coaches courses to all in town and travel coaches.
 
Evaluations
 
                *Evaluations will be May 21-24 done by the Simmons College players.
 
World Cup
 
                *Did a preliminary search for trophies.
                *Look into renting a PA system from Moore’s.
                *Start time of 9:00.
 
MLS Soccer Game
 
                *Gary handed out the 2007 Revolution schedule.
                                **Try to find a date for a group to go.
 
The next meeting will be on March 7, 2007.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
 
Respectfully Submitted,
 
 
Patrick Stearns
LSC Secretary